Jeremy Barber is a Partner at Wilkinson Stekloff. He is a former federal prosecutor and experienced trial attorney, having brought more than 30 cases to trial before judges and jurors.
Before joining Wilkinson Stekloff, Jeremy practiced at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison in New York City, where he represented both individuals and companies in matters across the country.
From 2010 to 2014, Jeremy served as Senior Nominations Counsel in the Office of Legal Policy at the U.S. Department of Justice. In that role, Jeremy assisted the Administration with the nomination and confirmation of federal judges.
Previously, he spent four years serving as an Assistant U.S. Attorney in the District of Columbia, where he prosecuted cases before D.C. jurors and handled cases on appeal before the D.C. Circuit and the D.C. Court of Appeals.
In 2005, he clerked for the Honorable Henry H. Kennedy Jr. of the U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia.
Jeremy began his legal career as an associate at Latham & Watkins LLP. Before law school, Jeremy served as a Peace Corps volunteer in The Gambia.
- Undergraduate: Massachusetts Institute of Technology, B.S., 1999.
- Law: American University Washington College of Law, J.D., 2004, summa cum laude; Order of the Coif; Senior Articles Editor, American University Law Review.
- Judge Henry H. Kennedy Jr., United States District Court for the District of Columbia, 2005-06.
- Managing legal team representing NFL and its 32 member clubs in an ongoing national antitrust MDL lawsuit in the Central District of California brought by putative class members challenging the League's broadcast arrangements for its Sunday Ticket Package.
- Co-lead counsel representing Plaid, a financial services company, regarding claims that its service infringed trademarks of PNC, one of the country’s largest banks.
- Oversees the firm’s successful and robust pro bono practice and supervises numerous attorneys in appellate, court, and administrative proceedings. Currently working with Lambda Legal on post-conviction litigation in Florida, and was recently appointed to represent an incarcerated individual in Maryland in support of his Section 1983 excessive force claim.
- Managed legal team representing Bayer in coordinated trial proceedings over Essure, a permanent contraception device, in Alameda County, California.
- Member of trial teams that won complete defense verdicts in the first two federal bellwether jury trials in a nationwide MDL proceeding involving the blood-thinner Xarelto. Also member of a trial team that won a complete defense verdict in one of the first state court bellwether jury trials in the Xarelto litigation. These trial wins paved the way for a global settlement of thousands of pending federal and state cases, without plaintiffs having won a single case.
- Managed legal team representing FedEx Ground in RICO litigation brought by the City and State of New York in federal court that ended in a favorable settlement for the client.
- Represented Philip Morris USA in consumer class actions on behalf of purchasers of Marlboro Lights. Member of the trial team in the class action tried in state court in St. Louis, seeking billions of dollars on behalf of Missouri purchasers. After a three-week trial, the jury rendered a complete defense verdict in less than 30 minutes.