Justin Mungai is an Associate at Wilkinson Stekloff. Before joining the firm, Justin was a law clerk for Judge Mark J. Bennett of the United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. He also worked as an Associate at Cravath, Swaine & Moore for three years. Prior to that, Justin clerked for Justice Barry T. Albin of the New Jersey Supreme Court. Justin has been named by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star for 2022 and 2023.
Justin graduated from Cornell Law School, where he served as the Chancellor of the Moot Court Board and worked as the Senior Notes Editor for the Cornell International Law Journal.
Justin received his undergraduate degree from the University of Warwick, United Kingdom, where he studied Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and graduated with honors.
- Undergraduate: University of Warwick, Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) (2011)
- Law: Cornell Law School, JD, magna cum laude (2016)
- Judge Mark J. Bennett, United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (2020-21)
- Justice Barry Albin, Supreme Court of New Jersey (2016-17)
- Member of the team representing a major chemical manufacturer in the Aqueous Film-Forming Foams (AFFF) Products Liability Litigation in the District of South Carolina. The multi-district litigation, involving alleged PFAS groundwater contamination from the use of AFFF, is considered the most significant PFAS litigation in the country. Was set to serve as a member of the trial team for the manufacturer in the first bellwether trial in the AFFF MDL, which was halted when the remaining parties announced a settlement to end all water-provider claims brought against the manufacturer.
- Member of the team representing a group of plaintiffs in district court and on appeal in a lawsuit challenging abortion restrictions in Arizona.
- “‘Plugging a Leak’: A Preliminary Step in Establishing a Nuanced Approach to Govern Intervention in the New Age,” 49 Cornell Int’l L. J. 201 (2016).