Sarah Neuman is Counsel at Wilkinson Stekloff. Since joining the firm, Sarah has been a member numerous trial teams, including the team that secured a complete defense verdict in a multi-state consumer fraud class action involving Bayer’s One A Day multivitamins and the trial teams that prevailed in the first two state-court bellwether trials involving Bayer’s Xarelto. Sarah has also played a key role in the firm’s confidential merger matters, and in the firm’s trial win in the FTC’s suit challenging Microsoft’s $69 billion acquisition of Activision Blizzard.
Sarah maintains an active pro bono practice, representing clients in both trial and appellate matters. She recently helped a pro bono client obtain asylum.
Before joining the firm, Sarah served as a law clerk to the Honorable Julie E. Carnes of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit and the Honorable Beryl A. Howell of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
Sarah graduated from The University of Chicago Law School, where she was the Executive Editor of The University of Chicago Law Review.
- Undergraduate: University of Michigan, B.A., with highest honors and distinction (2010)
- Law: The University of Chicago Law School, J.D., with honors (2015); Executive Editor, The University of Chicago Law Review
- Judge Julie E. Carnes, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit (2015-16)
- Chief Judge Beryl A. Howell, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia (2016-17)
- Member of the trial team that secured a groundbreaking victory for Microsoft, defeating the FTC’s efforts to enjoin its $69 billion acquisition of Activision Blizzard and winning the second-biggest merger trial in American history. Played a key strategic role with economic experts who testified in a five-day bench trial, following which Judge Jacqueline Scott Corley denied the FTC’s motion for preliminary injunction, finding that the FTC failed to make its case that the acquisition would substantially lessen competition in the gaming industry.
- Member of the trial team that won a complete defense verdict on behalf of Bayer in a multi-state consumer fraud class action involving One A Day multivitamins in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
- Member of the trial team that won JNOV in Hartman v. Janssen, the first state-court bellwether trial involving Xarelto in Philadelphia’s Court of Common Pleas.
- Member of the trial team that won a complete defense verdict in Russell v. Janssen, the second state-court bellwether trial involving Xarelto in Philadelphia’s Court of Common Pleas.
- In a pro bono matter, secured victory for an immigrant seeking asylum from the ongoing armed conflict in Cameroon.